The second mobility under the project „Course for Europe – ZSTE on internships abroad”, no. 2019-1-PL01-KA102-061583 is completed! Despite many adversities and difficulties related to the current situation in Europe and in the world, together with our Greek partner, we managed to prepare a safe environment for foreign internships by ZSTE students in Skawina.
In the period from September 21st to October 2nd 2020, a group of 42 students training in the profession of a hotel technician, cook and confectioner technician, IT technician and logistics technician safely and successfully completed the apprenticeship program in Greece.
During this time, project participants implemented the apprenticeship program in accordance with the school’s core curriculum, gaining new experience and improving their current professional skills.
The hotel industry technician has learned how to:
– Select hotel offers according to the needs of guests.
– Follow the procedures related to the service of guests at the hotel reception, including:
+ book hotel services using reservation systems, prepare relevant documents, use the check-in and check-out procedure.
– Distinguish between job positions in the floor service department, including:
+ distinguish between types of cleaning works, prepare housing units for receiving guests, maintaining cleanliness and order in the common areas.
– Comply with the rules of preparing menus, including:
+ observe the rules of food storage, distinguish between types of breakfasts and ways of serving them, prepare food and drinks.
– Prepare the consumption room to serve guests.
The Cook and confectioner technician has learned how to:
– Evaluate food in terms of commodity science, including:
+ classify food according to durability, origin, value nutritional requirements, follow the rules of food quality assessment, select conditions and recognize changes in food storage.
– Use gastronomic and confectionery recipes, including:
+ distinguish between methods and techniques and select raw materials for the preparation of dishes, drinks and confectionery.
– Follow the principles of rational food management, including:
+ recognize changes in food when preparing dishes and beverages and confectionery, evaluate food organoleptically.
– Select tableware for the expedition of food and drinks, including:
+ portioning, decorating and serving food, drinks and confectionery.
IT technician has learned how to:
– Select computer technology devices to specific technical conditions.
– Install, update operating systems and application software, including:
+ preparing mobile devices for work, recognizing types of licenses and computer software.
– Prepare network devices for work, including:
+ prepare the peripheral devices of the computer system,
+ perform maintenance of network and peripheral devices of the computer system, monitor the operation of local computer network devices, configure the virtual network using internet connections.
– Use equipment for repairing computer equipment, including:
+ create and restore data backup,
+ identify errors, recover data from computer technology devices,
+ create forms, queries and reports for data processing,
+ use basic concepts related to databases,
+ manage database systems,
+ control data consistency and repair it.
The logistics technician has learned how to:
– Distinguish between types of warehouses and their stocks, including:
+ select warehouse equipment for the stored stocks,
+ select devices for carrying out warehouse transport activities.
– Specify the conditions for the storage and transport of goods, including:
+ make quantitative and qualitative receipt of goods,
+ define the rules of packaging management,
+ use the goods identification system and prepare documentation and warehouse records.
– Identify distribution channels and stages, including:
+ distinguish between infrastructure and types of transport branches,
+ prepare documentation for distribution,
+ apply the provisions of law regarding the provision of transport and commercial services.
– Distinguish between types of transport services, including:
+ differentiate between types of transport and cargo units,
+ select transport packaging depending on the type of cargo.
Work and study were an integral part of mobility, but there were also games and various cultural experiences, useful for evaluation. The cultural program provided an opportunity to get to know Greece better. During its implementation, the group participated in a trip to Meteora, Skiathos Island, Old Pantaleimon and Platamonas Castle. The history and culture of this country is no longer foreign to them. Optional trips were a very important part of the project which had a great impact on the participants.
Project certificates were handed out at the end of the mobility. They will help participants with their job search in the future. The evaluation that the participants took part in showed that the project was not only well planned but also well implemented. We are happy that the group has returned home safely and in good moods.