In the period 11.11.2019 – 22.11.2019 a group of 20 students of Special School of Educational Center No. 2 in Przemyśl went to Greece to implement, as part of the vocational training program included in the 2018/2019 school year, a 10-day practical training cycle, which thus became part of plan 4 – weekly compulsory apprenticeships carried out by the students of the institution at a selected stage of vocational training for the faculty of IT technician, nutrition and food services technicians and village tourism technician. Thanks to the project “Educational mobility as an opportunity for students of SOSW No. 2 in Przemyśl”, Participants had the opportunity to gain professional experience at an international level, which certainly will increase their chances in the future labor market. The project allowed the practical use of theoretical knowledge acquired at school. Thanks to the trip, the language skills of both students and teachers have improved significantly. Knowledge of English is nowadays a basic skill required by employers. The summary of the work carried out in both directions was the assessment of the work carried out in apprenticeship diaries, as well as the distribution of certificates prepared in Polish and English.
The basic thematic issues that implemented during the foreign internship by:
a) IT technician:
- Shaping safe and hygienic working conditions in the IT industry.
- Knowing the principles of workplace organization.
- Preparation of the workplace.
- Understanding the service activities of IT companies.
- Getting to know the equipment of IT companies.
- Installation and configuration of the network environment (active participation of students in the process).
- Identification of basic technical parameters of computer system components and IT network.
- Configure and manage the operating system.
- Ability to select computer components according to the planned configuration.
- Ability to connect peripherals to a personal computer via a specific interface.
- Fundamentals of planning assembly works and their order – computer networks.
- IT network design.
- Acquaintance with measuring tools.
- Server configuration and modernization.
- Installation of network operating systems.
- Configuring network interfaces using system commands and files configuration.
- Configuration of services responsible for host addressing.
- Performing security.
- Software selection.
- Familiarization with various types of software – characterization of differences and similarities.
- Network monitoring.
- Using a computer network.
- Simulation exercises on administering network operating systems.
b) nutrition and food services technicians:
- Preparation for work and health and safety rules.
- Organization of work in the facility providing catering services.
- Learning about health and safety regulations, fire protection and environmental protection at restaurant work (in the kitchen and consumer room).
- Procedures for dealing with guests’ health and lives.
- Scope of rights and responsibilities at the workplace – chef, waiter, bartender.
- Principles of team cooperation.
- Organization of the workplace in accordance with the requirements of ergonomics – selected positions – chef, waiter, bartender.
- Categorization of gastronomic facilities in Europe.
- Work in the kitchen, in a restaurant, service.
- Classes using IT tools.
- Menu design.
- Creating a culinary guide around the region.
- Order preparation – the basics of supplying catering establishments.
- Creating a menu taking into account the principles of healthy and rational nutrition.
- Preparation of food and drinks in gastronomic establishments.
- Organization of work in selected positions – chef, bartender, waiter.
- Work in selected positions – chef, bartender, waiter.
- Preparation of dishes, dishes and drinks.
- Preparing the restaurant room.
- Restaurant service.
- Preparation of tableware and other accessories accompanying the process of dispensing and serving dishes and drinks.
- Order fulfillment.
c) village tourism technician:
- Comprehensive health and safety at work and safety precautions.
- Planning / calculating the appropriate quantity and quality of seeds and fertilizers for planned crops.
- Planning and performing agrotechnical operations, taking into account meteorological factors affecting crop yields.
- Compliance with quality standards and agricultural product standardization and food safety rules.
- Crop storage, basic processing and preparation for sale.
- Selection of species, breeds and utilitarian types of animals appropriate to the owned or planned to farm conditions, taking into account the complementary animal feeding system.
- Organization of work in the facility providing hotel and catering services.
- Categorization of gastronomic and hotel facilities in Europe.
- Planning and organizing the process of plant and animal production on a farm.
- Establishing cooperation with suppliers and recipients of plant and animal production.
- Designing crop rotation, taking into account natural and economic factors.
- Choosing and performing cultivation treatments for a selected plant, including the use of methods for preventing and combating diseases, pests and weeds, and using chemical preparations.
- Compliance with the principles of ethics, ergonomics, health and safety at work as well as the application of legal provisions regarding fire protection and environmental protection.
- Milking of animals, sheep shearing.
- Organization and implementation of accommodation services.
- Maintaining order and cleanliness on the farm.
- Creating menus for various customer groups, including regional dishes and homemade products.
- Preparation of food and drinks observing the principles of rational nutrition as well as safety and health quality of food.
- Compliance with customer service policies.
As part of a professional internship in Greece, participants also had the opportunity to take part in a 2-day cultural program that was carried out on weekend days. The main points of the program included:
Meteora – a complex of Orthodox monasteries, inscribed on the UNESCO World Heritage List, in which participants had the opportunity to visit the largest of the monasteries of Megalo Meteoro, or the Great Meteor of the Transfiguration, which is one of six open to tourists and the largest of the entire complex.
Trikeri Island – a cruise to this island is an extraordinary trip that gives participants a combination of pleasant and useful, by bringing closer the elements of Greek culture, including music and traditional dances with beautiful views of the picturesque island of Northern Sporades. Participants had the opportunity to admire the beautiful scenery and see the most important places of the island including the nineteenth-century monastery of Evangelistrias.
The students of SOSW in Przemyśl have completed obligatory apprenticeships, which are part of the programme. The main objective of the project was to create opportunities for professional development for 20 students studying in the fields of: IT technician, food services technicians as well as village tourism technician, through the preparation and implementation of 2-week foreign internships in cooperation with Greek partners, as well as support for these participants who face the prospect of entering the labor market by creating opportunities for professional development, gaining new professional experience, raising general knowledge, increasing motivation to act and self-confidence.